Trust me, even if you do not believe there is energy in the room - or that it needs to be asked to leave and be refreshed - space clearing WORKS! There are several simple and ancient methods that transcend time and go back to all ancestral roots. Even yours - if you go back far enough! Native Americans, aboriginal tribes, Hindu, European, Celtic, and Asian cultures are just a few who perform space clearing rituals.
It is a process of releasing and relaxing - by inviting a divine connection filled with pure, positive, loving intent to replace any negative, toxic, or sluggish energy that is present.
How often should you do it?
- Every single time you wish to call all your power back (how about now!)
- Whenever the energy in the room feels thick or sick (or someone has been sick or passed away)
- Whenever you wish to invite guests into a home filled with love with intentions for balance and harmony while they are your guests.
- Whenever you move into or out of a home - clear when moving in to allow the previous tenants energy to dissipate and move on & when you move out to take all of your energy with you! Leave no juju behind!
- Here's a fantastic sign: When you feel out of sorts and really grouchy!
EVERYONE and EVERY SPACE benefits from space clearing. Now, this is positive juju and good intentions from a clean heart with a clean loving vibe. I am not talking about infusing your energetic intention like you may a voodoo doll! I'm talking about removing that kind of toxic energy residue left behind from negative television shows, arguments between loved ones, negative thoughts, or negative people (and it may be YOU!)
So, how do you do it?
2. Ring a bell. Clap your hands. Beat 2 sticks: Simple, really - and you have exactly what you need to clear energy from corners or cupboards - anywhere & anytime. Start at the doorway. Make noise from the floor to the ceiling with whatever you are using to sound. A dense sound will indicate thick, stuck energy. A clean, crisp sound indicates flow of energy. Keep making noise while you send out your loving intentions to turn the energy into what you desire. What space do you want to create? A more peaceful room? A space with more cooperation and affection? You get to decide - just infuse into it the energy you have from a loving heart. You can clear your own personal energy field by clapping up and down your body - or tapping with a gentle cupped motion on your body. Sometimes, it's you that needs an energy sweep!
3. Use a Broom! Sweeping is a wonderful form of energy clearing. In fact, many cultures believe that sweeping the front porch daily whisks away any negative energy and allows the day to be started fresh! Many believe that this is essential to do on New Year's Eve to "sweep out the old and make way for the new" in the coming New Year. It is an old wive's tale to sweep your old home out before you go - and burn the broom! Get a new broom with clean, non-toxic energy when you move into your new home!
3. Mantras & Mudras: Use your hands & your voice! Yes, that's easy to do. Repeat loving and clear intentions. Use your hands to project it from your heart and into the room - or onto another person.
Be creative!. The space clearing comes from an open heart - one which energy flows freely - in and through. It's not so much about the way you do it - just that you allow and invite energy to raise the positive vibrations all around you.
In Feng Shui, to be able to "float like a cloud and flow like water" is what energy intentions & cures are all about. It's an ancient art that uses intention and placement to achieve clean & vibrant energy flow for balanced living.
I clear my personal energy with sage, sometimes daily - and my home whenever I feel confined and "stuck!" Space clearing is a Healing Energy Art.
You decide what's right for you - just try space clearing and see how it makes you feel!