- Taoist view that nature is alive and has intelligent life force energy (Chi) flowing through the cosmos, humans, and places - everything is connected
- There is permanent and temporary energy in all things - daily, monthly, and annual changes to direction of energy flow in the Universe create auspicious or less auspicious aspects to the energy in your home and life
- Understanding the Yin-Yang principle that masculine and feminine energy flows through all creation - where one leaves off, the other begins
- 5-elements in nature that influence the energy in all of life - Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal & Water - each element with a different feel and influence in your daily life
- Elemental energy is within land forms, people, animate & inanimate objects - energy that either positively or negatively influences the energy in adjacent spaces
The energy in your home represents the seasons of nature - these are also the seasons of your life. Like summer in the South (time of creative growth & expansion), autumn in the West (middle age & harvest), winter in the North (old age & death of a cycle), and spring in the East (birth & regeneration). The correlation between the direction your home faces and the natural energy in each room is amazing. No surprise that rooms in the North, Northeast and Northwest are cooler (or colder) & rooms facing South and Southwest make great sunrooms - even in the winter! This is a perfect energy map to follow for happiness and success to flow through your spaces. And your life.
The Art of Placement invites Chi to flow through the front door and fill up all the rooms in the most harmonious and balanced way - using furniture placement along with color, natural elements, and shapes. The right energy in the right room for the right alchemy to do it's thing.
Mindful placement can manifest auspicious energy, which leads to ease and flow in your life, good fortune, good health, and abundance of all things.
When there is resistance or "bad energy" in a space, cures can be intentionally placed to lessen the negative forces and get energy back into alignment. Placement of an aquarium or fountain, even bowl of still water, can increase prosperity and wealth into your life. And, using wind chimes and crystals can purposefully diffuse energy along it's path. These are just a few ways to improve the energy in your home and life.
Energy - you cannot always see it, but can always feel it - and that speaks volumes about your reality in every moment.
A chaotic and cluttered home is a mirror of a chaotic and cluttered life. If that's you, that's okay! You may let it be - or learn how to turn that same space into a place that feels great to you without the chaos following quick & easy advice.
Feng Shui is all about of what I love most. A mystical Energy Art designed to create harmony and flow for balanced living.
Stay tuned for more as I go deeper into the basic principles. Sign up for my Weekly Tips!